Clima-Tite™ wall systems are unique among our translucent panel systems in that they feature pultruded fiberglass support members for a new level of thermal performance and condensation resistance, and provide enhanced corrosion resistance when compared to traditional aluminum framed systems. Clima-Tite™ is a great solution for harsh coastal environments, water treatment plants, aquatic facilities and more!
Clima-Tite™ is the only translucent panel system that features pultruded fiberglass framing for better thermal performance, including enhanced u-factors and better condensation resistance than similar aluminum-framed systems. Pultruded fiberglass also has other advantages over aluminum, including dimensional stability and increased corrosion resistance, making it a great choice for harsh environments like water treatment plants or aquatic facilities.
Utilizing fiberglass is also an environmentally sound choice, as the manufacturing processes require less energy compared to aluminum (about 80% less embodied energy). The main ingredient in fiberglass is silica sand, an abundant natural material. Once properly converted, the inherent thermal properties of fiberglass allow for reduced HVAC loads, which can reduce greenhouse emissions. The long lifespan and durability of pultruded fiberglass also delivers reduced costs over the lifetime of the system.
As an added benefit, Clima-Tite™ systems feature a snap-to-lock cap that eliminates the need for exterior fasteners and offers a clean and sleek look. When analyzing daylighting system options for your next project, consider the versatile and high-performance Clima-Tite™ line of translucent panel wall systems.
- Clima-Tite™ translucent panel wall systems feature the following performance benefits:
- Pultruded framing offers enhanced thermal performance and corrosion resistance, as well as low thermal conductivity (eliminates the need for thermal breaks)
- Pultruded framing is also electrically non-conductive – unlike aluminum – and is UV resistant
- High impact resistance – reinforcing fibers distribute load
- Snap-to-lock installation feature keeps panels in place without visible fasteners – simple installation
- Standard 2-3/4” panel width, available in panel sizes up to 5’ x 16’
- A variety of grid patterns are available, in sizes from 6” x 6” up to 12” x 24”
- Crystal, White, Ice Blue, Aqua, Desert Rose and Tan exterior sheet colors available
- Three insulation options available – center of panel U-factors as low as .08, system U-factors as low as .14
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficients as low as .06
- Window-wall system available with fully integrated fiberglass framed operable window – can also combine translucent panel with fixed windows
- Industry-best warranties – 25 year fiberbloom and up to 20 year color change
- Standard and custom finish options available
Testing & Thermal Performance
Product Line Comparison Chart
Related Technical Info
Clima-Tite™ – Wall System Specification
Clima-Tite™ – Window Wall Specification