Guardian 275® skylights are our most versatile and customizable translucent panel option. From numerous specialty configurations to insulation and custom finish options to pre-assembled and mixed glazed systems, we can configure Guardian 275® to meet your project’s demands. Guardian 275® systems are a great solution for retail and office spaces, education facilities, military installations and more, and each system is backed by industry-best warranties.
Imagine letting soft, diffuse light fill interior spaces. Think of how happy your building’s occupants will be when they’re protected from hot-spots that make them feel uncomfortable or glare that limits their use of computers, cell phones and other personal devices. Guardian 275® skylights and canopies provide built-in sun control, eliminating many of the issues common with traditional glass systems. Their aluminum framing and sandwich panel construction also make them strong but lightweight, often reducing the need for additional support structure.
Guardian 275® systems feature advanced Ultimate Series™ face sheet technology for long-term dependability, and can be configured with thermal breaks as well as numerous insulation options for enhanced performance in more demanding climates. Guardian 275® panels are also available with a variety of sheet color options, and panel insulation can also be tinted to create a stained-glass look or to incorporate school or logo colors. Smaller sized single slope and pyramid skylights can also be partially assembled prior to shipping, allowing for faster installation.
Guardian 275® systems can be configured with a wide range of finish options, from clear anodize to custom match Kynar® colors that meet AAMA 2605 (click here for more information on finishes). For more information, contact our sales team at 888-759-2678 or email@example.com .
As with our Guardian 275® wall systems, skylights and canopies are also available in our TransCURVE™ curved system configuration, which can also provide an eye-catching design element.
Standard Guardian 275® skylights are available with 2-3/4″ thick panels (individual panel sizes up to 5’-0″ by 20′-0″) to maximize daylight and minimize cost. Panel grid options include In-Line Shoji, Staggered Shoji, and Tuckerman patterns in sizes from 6″ by 6″ to 12″ by 24″. Custom grid pattern options are also available.
- Translucent panel skylights are lightweight (roughly 3lbs per square foot depending on the application), which reduces structural requirements for most roof designs.
- Designed with a maximum allowable deflection of L/120 or L/180 for a stronger, more watertight system.
- Integral moisture management systems are standard including an integral condensation gutter and weeping system on all structural members as well as EPDM gaskets and high-performance sealants.
- Ultimate Series™ face sheet utilizes a unique blend of polymers, UV inhibitors, color stabilizers, and a permanent erosion veil for long-term performance – up to 20 year color change warranties available.
- Numerous insulation options available – center of panel U-factors as low as .08.
- Partially assembled options available for smaller-sized skylights, allowing for easier and faster installation
- LEED® credit opportunities.
- TransCURVE™ curved translucent building panel system available for a unique look.
- Available with five standard sheet colors and a full range of long-lasting AAMA 2604/2605 coatings and AAMA 603.8 anodizing colors to meet your aesthetic needs. (Click here for more information on finish options)
- Removable configurations available for easy access to mechanical/medical equipment or specialty use.
- Guardian 275® systems offer hurricane protection and have been approved for use in most Florida counties, the Texas Gulf Coast and more than 95% of the hurricane zones in North America.
- Tested and verified by ASTM, AAMA, and NFRC methodologies. ICC ES listing available.
- Optional poured and debridged structural polyurethane thermal breaks available.
- Optional high-impact (360 ft/lbs) face sheet available.
- FRP face sheet exceeds CC1 requirements with a flame spread of 10, smoke 300, per ASTM E-84. Burn extent less than 1″ per ASTM D-635.
- Systems can be priced using SkyPrice™, our quick, easy and accurate online quote system.
Light & Thermal Performance
Data Sheet for 2-3/4 Inch Systems
Data Sheet for 4 Inch Systems
Product Line Comparison Chart
Specs & Details
Guardian 275® – Skylight Specification