Are you looking to make a dramatic daylighting statement, or does your project demand views to the sky? Consider our Auburn® Custom & Pre-Engineered glass and mixed glazed skylights that combine performance and durability no matter what your project demands. From office spaces to schools, we can design and build an Auburn® glass skylight to fit your project needs.
Auburn® E+ skylights are designed and engineered for long-term performance, and make a great daylighting choice if you’re looking for the durability and longevity of glass, or simply enjoy dramatic views of the sky. They’re available in custom and pre-engineered configurations, and also offer mixed glazing options as they can also incorporate polycarbonate multi-wall and acrylic glazing as well as Guardian 275® translucent panels.
Auburn® systems aren’t designed to span the largest openings; they’re optimized for small and medium projects and are engineered to save time, money, and weight in your next daylighting project. Auburn® skylights feature high-performance sealants, built-in moisture management, and time-proven EPDM gasketing to provide the ultimate protection: three-level redundancy to keep water out of your building. In addition, they are available in a wide variety of configurations, along with numerous glass and finish options.
Our Auburn® E+ line of glass skylights features a framing system that utilizes thermal caps and integrated insulation for better performance, and is compatible with a wide range of glass options. It’s simple – Auburn® E+ skylights give owners flexibility and durability in daylighting. And keep in mind that every Auburn® skylight is the product of hundreds of years of combined daylighting expertise, custom built to your specific requirements.
Here are just a few highlights of Auburn® E+ systems:
- FRAMING SYSTEM WITH THERMAL CAP TECHNOLOGY that provides improved thermal performance & condensation resistance
- INTEGRATED INSULATION in the system keeps the cold out
- FLUSH GLAZED using structural silicone sealant joints to eliminate water damming while providing a clean, modern look
- UNLIMITED PITCH CURB CONNECTION FEATURE that allows for easier installation TESTED to ASTM E283/330/331 standards to ensure performance
- COMPATIBLE with numerous types and sizes of glass for a custom design that’s perfect for your specific application – contact us for more details
New Single Slope Skylights with Thermal Strut Technology
For smaller openings and standard sizes, consider our newly updated Auburn® Self-flashing Single Slope skylights, available in sizes up to 25 square feet, with pre-assembled options available for ease of installation and quick lead times. These new single slope skylights feature thermal strut technology in the framing, allowing for a versatile combination of strength and high thermal performance, including improved condensation resistance and U-factors over traditional aluminum framed systems.
No matter which option is right for you – custom or pre-engineered – Auburn® skylights are a smart choice to solve your daylighting challenges. Other benefits include:
- Low initial cost and long-term energy savings.
- Possible LEED® credit opportunities for both new construction and existing buildings.
- High-performance gaskets and sealants provide peace of mind and long-term performance.
- Auburn® Engineered custom systems feature universal “slope adapters” fit all standard rafters, creating precise slope control.
- Auburn® Engineered custom systems come standard with tubular rafters that frequently eliminate the need for support tubes.
- Guaranteed against defective materials and construction for one year from date of purchase (exclusions apply – see final warranty for details).
Auburn® E+ skylights are manufactured in a strictly controlled environment, designed to meet both our in-house quality policy and third-party performance guidelines. Our custom engineered skylights are designed to meet or exceed all applicable building codes and structural requirements and have the following minimum performance attributes:
- Framework: All extruded aluminum shall be of the alloy 6063-T5/T6. The actual alloy, temper and thickness, however, shall be dependent upon the physical requirements of the particular loading and deflection, cross-sectional configuration, and required finish
- Flashing: Standard flashing will be 5005-H34 or equivalent with a minimum thickness of .040
- Integral screw races are standard, providing superior anchorage and uniform load transfer
- High-performance EPDM gaskets
- Integral guttering for water and condensation control
- Structural framing members optimized for L/175
or L/240 deflection limits – lowering cost and weight
- E+ systems feature an unlimited pitch curb connection that allows for easier assembly on-site
- Engineered and manufactured using state-of-the-art technology for shorter lead times
- Mixed glazed systems available including glass plus translucent panels or polycarbonate multi-wall
- Anodized Coatings:
- Architectural Class I clear anodized Type AA-M10C22 A41 (supersedes AAMA 607.1).
- Architectural Class I pigmented anodized Type AA-M10C22 A42 (supersedes AAMA 606.1).
- Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 2604 (supersedes AAMA 603.8).
- High Performance Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 2605 (supersedes AAMA 605.2).
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON FINISHES
- Anodized Coatings:
Auburn® Engineered Custom Skylights
Auburn® Self-flashing Single Slope Skylights
Related Technical Details
Auburn – Skylight Specification