Major Industries has established an outstanding reputation for quality skylights and wall panel systems, and we credit this success to the pride and satisfaction our employees take in their work. As we grow and continue to develop as a leader in the daylighting industry, we are always looking to add to the quality of our work force.
Apply online or send your cover letter and resume via email, letter or fax to:
The Sales Estimator is responsible for supporting the outside architectural representatives and dealers, as well as the outside sales staff. They provide immediate customer support in several critical areas including estimating (quotations) and product line information and are a direct contact for our customers. The Estimator provides information and coordinates internal resources as needed to satisfy customer needs.
1. Quoting/estimating of Major’s skylight and translucent product lines, customer follow-up, and order entry in Major’s business system.
2. Field support, basic product training, identifying the need for architectural approval and submitting samples for approval packages as needed to optimize bid results.
3. Coordination responsibility for the quotation of product installation and outside specialty purchases.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to interpret blueprints, and have strong analytical and math skills.
2. Ability to develop extensive knowledge about Major’s materials and production processes and departmental procedures.
3. Ability to pay close attention to detail, prioritize work and coordinate various activities simultaneously to meet requested quote dates.
4. Ability to function as a strong team player, work efficiently in a fast paced environment, and maintain customer confidentiality.
5. Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word and MS Excel.
6. Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
7. Ability to speak and comprehend English fluently.
Education and Experience:
An Associate degree in mechanical or architectural design or related technical area is desired. Additional training, seminars or experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus. Lack of a college degree will not be a deterrent if the individual has relevant business experience and a track record of previous success.