Clima-Tite™ features pultruded fiberglass support members for a new level of thermal performance and condensation resistance.
Clima-Tite™ is a unique – the only translucent panel system that features pultruded fiberglass framing for better thermal performance, including enhanced u-factors and better condensation resistance than similar aluminum-framed systems. Pultruded fiberglass also has other advantages over aluminum, including dimensional stability and increased corrosion resistance, making it a great choice for harsh environments like water treatment plants or aquatic facilities.
Utilizing fiberglass is also an environmentally sound choice, as the manufacturing processes require less energy compared to aluminum (about 80% less embodied energy). The main ingredient in fiberglass is silica sand, an abundant natural material. Once properly converted, the inherent thermal properties of fiberglass allow for reduced HVAC loads, which can reduce greenhouse emissions. The long lifespan and durability of pultruded fiberglass also delivers reduced costs over the lifetime of the system.
Clima-Tite™ translucent panel wall systems feature the following performance benefits:
- Pultruded framing offers enhanced thermal performance and corrosion resistance, as well as low thermal conductivity (eliminates the need for thermal breaks)
- Pultruded framing is also electrically non-conductive – unlike aluminum – and is UV resistant
- High impact resistance – reinforcing fibers distribute load
- Snap-to-lock installation feature keeps panels in place without visible fasteners – simple installation
- Standard 2-3/4” panel width, available in panel sizes up to 5’ x 16’
- A variety of grid patterns are available, in sizes from 6” x 6” up to 12” x 24”
- Crystal, White, Ice Blue, Aqua, Desert Rose and Tan exterior sheet colors available
- Three insulation options available – center of panel U-factors as low as .08, system U-factors as low as .14
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficients as low as .06
- Window-wall system available with fully integrated fiberglass framed operable window – can also combine translucent panel with fixed windows
- Industry-best warranties – 25 year fiberbloom and up to 20 year color change
|Clima-Tite™ Wall Systems – Testing and Thermal Performance|
|Major Industries Product Line Comparison Chart|
Specs & Details
Click on the buttons below to download 3-part specifications and CLICK HERE for technical drawings and BIM product models.
(Please Note: BIM product models are currently available for Guardian 275® wall systems and skylights only.)
If you require additional information or are looking for product information and can’t find it on our site, please contact Major at 888-759-2678 or via email at email@example.com. You can also contact us via our chat function to ask any specific questions you have about our products.
|Clima-Tite™ Window Wall Specification|
|Clima-Tite™ Wall System Specification|
|Clima-Tite™ Wall System Detail|