Auburn® Custom & Pre-engineered Skylights
Auburn® Engineered skylights are designed and engineered for long-term performance, and make a great daylighting choice if you’re looking for the durability and longevity of glass, or simply enjoy dramatic views of the sky. They’re available in custom and pre-engineered configurations, and also offer mixed glazing options as they can also incorporate polycarbonate multi-wall and acrylic glazing as well as Guardian 275® translucent panels.
Auburn® systems aren’t designed to span the largest openings; they’re optimized for small and medium projects and are engineered to save time, money, and weight in your next daylighting project. Auburn® engineered skylights feature high-performance sealants, built-in water management, and time-proven EPDM gasketing to provide the ultimate protection: three-level redundancy to keep water out of your building. In addition, they are available in a wide variety of configurations, along with numerous glass and finish options.
AUBURN® E+: DESIGNED TO EXCEL IN ANY ENVIRONMENT
Major recently announced a new option for your glass skylight needs – Auburn® E+. An evolution of our existing skylight line, Auburn® E+ features a number of performance improvements including a new thermal cap for enhanced protection from extreme temperatures, a modern flush-glazed design, available low-e glass, insulated flashing, and an unlimited pitch curb connection for easier assembly on-site.
Auburn® glass skylights have long been a dependable and economical daylighting option, and Major has improved on its success by integrating new technology that helps isolate the outside environment from your building’s occupants – improving both occupant comfort and the bottom line. The new system is tested to ASTM E283/330/331 standards, and features high-performance glass options, multiple finish options, and numerous design configurations that will provide architects the highest level of design freedom. Contact us today to find out more!
NEW QUICK SHIP™ SINGLE SLOPE SKYLIGHTS WITH THERMAL STRUT TECHNOLOGY!
For smaller openings and standard sizes, consider our newly updated Auburn® Quick Ship™ Self-flashing Single Slope skylights, available in sizes up to 25 square feet, with pre-assembled options available for ease of installation and quick lead times. These new single slope skylights feature thermal strut technology in the framing, allowing for a versatile combination of strength and high thermal performance, including improved condensation resistance and U-factors over traditional aluminum framed systems.
No matter which option is right for you – custom or pre-engineered – Auburn® skylights are a smart choice to solve your daylighting challenges.
Other benefits include:
- Low initial cost and long-term energy savings.
- Possible LEED® credit opportunities for both new construction and existing buildings.
- High-performance gaskets and sealants provide peace of mind and long-term performance.
- Auburn® Engineered custom systems feature universal “slope adapters” fit all standard rafters, creating precise slope control.
- Auburn® Engineered custom systems come standard with tubular rafters that frequently eliminate the need for support tubes.
- Guaranteed against defective materials and construction for one year from date of purchase (exclusions apply – see final warranty for details).
Auburn® engineered skylights are manufactured in a strictly controlled environment, designed to meet both our in-house quality policy and third-party performance guidelines. Our custom engineered skylights are designed to meet or exceed all applicable building codes and structural requirements and have the following minimum performance attributes:
- Framework: All extruded aluminum shall be of the alloy 6063-T5/T6. The actual alloy, temper and thickness, however, shall be dependent upon the physical requirements of the particular loading and deflection, cross-sectional configuration, and required finish.
- Glazing Strips: Extruded 70± durometer EPDM material per ASTM C864.
- Setting Blocks: Extruded EPDM rubber formulated Type A 80± durometer
- Fasteners: For exterior cap retainers: ASTM A193B8 300 series stainless steel screws. For framework connections: ASTM B211 2024-T4 aluminum rivets, as required by connection.
- Flashing: Standard flashing will be 5005-H34 or equivalent with a minimum thickness of .040.
- Anodized Coatings:
- Architectural Class I clear anodized Type AA-M10C22 A41 (supersedes AAMA 607.1).
- Architectural Class I pigmented anodized Type AA-M10C22 A42 (supersedes AAMA 606.1).
- Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 2604 (supersedes AAMA 603.8).
- High Performance Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 2605 (supersedes AAMA 605.2).
- Anodized Coatings:
|Testing Report – Auburn® Engineered Custom Skylights|
|Testing Report – Auburn® Self-flashing Single Slope Skylights|
Specs & Details
Click on the buttons below to download 3-part specifications and system details. CLICK HERE for technical drawings and BIM product models.
(Please Note: BIM product models are currently available for Guardian 275® wall systems and skylights only.)
If you require additional information or are looking for product information and can’t find it on our site, please contact Major at 888-759-2678 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us via our chat function to ask any specific questions you have about our products.
|Auburn® Skylight Specification|
Auburn® E+ Skylights
|Auburn® E+ Hip Ridge Skylight|
|Auburn® E+ Ridge Skylight|
|Auburn® E+ Ridge Skylight w/ End Walls|
|Auburn® E+ Pyramid Skylight|
|Auburn® E+ Polygon Skylight|
|Auburn® E+ Single Slope Skylight|